Blog - Care homes

Looking after your vehicle fleet within your care home

Published on July 26th, 2022 | by Sophie West

When you and your business care for others you want suppliers to share the same values. We understand that multi-person mobility can be crucial, whether it’s patient journeys for medical appointments, group outings for socialising and enrichment, or general daily errands such as food shopping.

Here at Agility Fleet we work closely with a number of different companies that provide care services in the community and understand that there isn’t one solution to suit all homes, this is where our expertise within the industry can help.

What do we offer?

Every situation is different, and the use of your vehicles can vary dramatically from one person’s care needs to the next. Our services include all types of vehicles from cars, vans and wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAV), all the way up to minibuses. We offer a full range of mobility adaptations so we can tailor your vehicles to exactly meet your requirements.

Wheelchair accessible vehicles

Our extensive range of wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAVs) meet all mobility needs. Ensuring you will have the maximum entrance headroom, best interior space and a pleasant environment to be in.

Vehicle adaptation solutions

No matter what your looking for we, along with our partners, can overcome most ailments associated with age.

What types of vehicles have Agility Fleet supplied in the past?

We have supplied most vehicles, but specifically to the care home industry we have given a few examples below that have reached our customer’s needs and requirements. These have either been supplied as slightly used or new vehicles.

  • Wheelchair accessible vehicle (WAV): Ford Grand Connect Toureno
  • Vans: Citroen Dispatch Enterprise and Vauxhall Vivaro L1 and L2
  • Pick up: Isuzu DL40 Auto
  • 7 seaters: Ford Grand C-Max and Vauxhall Zafira’s
  • 8/9 seaters: Ford Customer Tourneo

Driving licence requirements

If you’re a manager of a care home you must ensure that any staff members that drive a care home vehicle are fully qualified to do so. Most vehicles you’ll be able to drive on a standard UK licence, however minibuses will generally be used under a pub service vehicle (PSV) licence if it is used for ‘hire or reward’ by a commercial organisation, or under a Section 19 permit if being used on a ‘not for profit’ basis. In short, if your staff member is getting paid to drive the minibus, they will need a PSV operator’s licence.

If your driver has a category D1 on their licence, then a minibus can be driven as long as it’s not for hire or reward. For more information on driving licence categories visit the government website here.

Fleet management options

We understand that running a business can be stressful and doesn’t give you much time. Making sure your fleet is handled and managed effectively is important and can save you money as a business by allowing you to improve driver safety and increase vehicle reliability.

The role of a fleet manager is becoming increasingly important as their performance impacts on the wider business. They also need to stay up to date with the latest developments and ensure their skills are up to date. This can be costly for any business. So, what is the solution?

Our fleet management solution could be the solution for you. For more information on what we offer visit our Fleet Management page here or get in touch with the team.

Get in touch with the team

To discuss your requirements in more detail, give us a call on 01527 571 605 or email

Latest News:

Contact Agility Fleet

At Agility Fleet, our team are on hand to support and guide you through your fleet and personal contract hire needs.

If you have an enquiry please call us on  01527 571 605 or email us on

If your enquiry is related to vehicle accident or breakdown please call our 24 hours helpline 01527 571 605

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.